July School Holidays are nearly here!
Kids bored at home??
We have that covered with Mini Golf, Splash Park (yes kids are still using it now!!), Games Room, Pedal Karts, walk to the Murray, Pioneer Settlement and the wonderful Lake Tyrell an easy drive away.
At the Park we have an activity for the kids each day – Go Kart Races, Kite Making, Rock Art, Pancake Breakfasts, Mini Golf Competition, Make your own Anzac Biscuits, Badge Making and a Scavenger Hunt.
Every night of the school holidays we play a movie under the stars!
(unless it is raining, of course)
Swan Hill has been in the press lately and on the Footy Show!
Tell us #SwannySentYa
There is always so much to do in the Swan Hill Region. There are local markets to visit, the amazing Pioneer Settlement, the Catalina Flying Boat Museum, walk along the banks of the Mighty Murray River, a round of golf at the world class Murray Downs Golf Course, walk into New South Wales, watch live music at the Swan Hill Club and plenty more…..
Continue reading What’s on in July 2018
Who knew there were so many wineries in the Swan Hill Region?
Take a tour around the wineries. Have a BBQ lunch at Andrew Peace wineries, explore the Cellar walk at Bests Winery, check out the Greek Temple at Robinvale Wines or enjoy a gourmet platter at Tretham Estate.
What a great way to see this amazing region!
Continue reading Wineries in the Swan Hill Region
Jump into June at Swan Hill with one of Swan Hill’s best weekends – The June Racing Carnival.
If you can’t make it that weekend there is plenty of other things going on – especially for live music & Harry Potter fans – in and around Swan Hill in June including:
- Kasey Chambers Campfire Tour
- Death at Hogwarts
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang live on stage
- Kerang, Moulamein & Boort Clay Target Carnival
- Super Rods at the Swan Hill Speedway
- Swan Hill Vintage & Classic Car Club Event
- Great golfing weather at the Murray Downs Golf Course
The has been a bit of local rain on the Lake Tyrrell so the next couple of months is the perfect time to visit this amazing natural wonder that people come from all over the world to visit! Check out our blog post here.
And while you are in town don’t miss the local markets!
Continue reading It’s June – the Swan Hill Race Carnival is here!
May is a magnificent time to visit Swan Hill. The days are still warm and the nights are starting to cool down.
If you love your puppy support the RSPCA and join us in Swan Hill for the Million Paws Walk – we have pet friendly accommodation! While you are here checkout the wonderful local markets.
Also on in May at Swan Hill are:
- The Mik Maks – Working on the Farm
- David Scheel returns to Swan Hill
- Speedway, Auto Cross Racing & Drag racing events!!
- Annual Autumn Bowls competition
- Live music at the Swan Hill Club.
- Wonderful exhibitions at the Art Gallery; and
- Experience the Silo Cinema at nearby Quambatook
Continue reading Is it May already???
With Easter & Anzac Day Long Weekends in April it’s the perfect time to head on up to Swan Hill and check out:
- The Lake Boga Yatch Club Easter Regatta
- Plenty of live music including Thirsty Merc & a tribute to Billy Joel
- School holiday programs at Pioneer Settlement, Art Gallery & Library
- Tennis, Speedway, Lawn Bowls & Horse Racing Events
- Comedy festival roadshow
- Art exhibitions
- the not to be missed Quambatook tractor pull
- and, as always, the great local regional markets
Continue reading Swan Hill is set to Sizzle in April!
March in Swan Hill has
– the ever popular Swan Hill Regional Food & Wine Festival
– Abba Tribute Band, Bjorn Again
– FIVE wonderful art exhibitions at the Swan Hill Gallery
– guided Gallery Tours on Sunday afternoons
– Robinvale Euston Ski Race
– Mid Murray Amateur Golf Tournament
– Swan Hill Harmony Day
– Taste of Ireland
– Gypsy Fire Classical European Vionlinists
– Friday racing at Swan Hill Jockey Club
– Live music at the Swan Hill Club; AND
– the magnificent monthly local markets!
Also in early April watch out for music by Thirsty Merc & the Billy Joel Tribute Concert.
Continue reading What’s on in Swan Hill during March 2018